About the AD2ATX Board:
- The AD2ATX Board is the mastermind behind everything this organization does.
- Board Members oversee all AD2ATX philanthropy efforts, events, networking opportunities, and stay up to date with industry news.
- It’s excellent for your resume and can be really fun and rewarding.
- All we ask of our Board Members is dedication, a desire to improve the lives of fellow industry peers, and attendance of AD2ATX events + monthly Board Meetings.
Applying for the AD2ATX Board:
- We are currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Board
- Our Board consists of Executive Positions, Committee Chairs, and Committee Members
- Executive Positions: Must have at least one year serving on the AD2ATX Board (or an Ad 2 Board in another city). See application below for more information.
- Committee Chairs: Act as project manager for your respective Committee. This position is the liaison between the Executive Board and your 5-6 Committee team members.
- Committee Member: Execute tasks for your respective Committee.
- Not sure which position is right for you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The current AD2ATX Board will review applications for new Board Members at our next Board Meeting on Monday, May 11th at GSD&M starting at 6:30pm.
- Applications are due by Friday, May 1st.
If you have a heart of gold, want to give back to local Austin non-profits while putting your learned marketing skills to work, Public Service is your golden ticket. What you do in this committee will be in the public eye and can actually make a difference to a truly deserving organization. It’s a win-win!
- Oversee communications between client and AD2ATX
- Initiating and attending all volunteer committee meetings
- Brainstorm and implement a full-service marketing campaign for a local non-profit in need
- Creating all necessary marketing collateral, client and volunteer applications, and client contracts
- Present any campaigns that are entered into the AAF Public Service Competition at the annual AAF national conference
- Take a look at some of the past campaigns put on by the Public Services Committee to see what they’ve done, and realize, next year’s big idea could be yours
- You really can make a difference
If you’re the ring leader type or the life of the party, check out our Membership Committee. In this position you’ll be a representation of what Ad 2 Austin stands for; building your network, learning new tricks and always be the life of the party.
- Assist in growing our membership
- Break out of your shell — Increase networking and relationships among our members
- Recruit speakers for our new “5 Minutes of Fame” Series
- Seek out the next shining star to be in our Member Spotlight
- Make sure Members are getting what they need out of Ad2ATX
Are you into throwing parties for any reason, or want experience in planning educational events or mixers? The Programs Committee gives you the freedom to plan and create within a budget that brings out Members, Non-Members, Ad Fed Members, Students as well as potential members. Based on how well you know how to throw a party, will determine a good time.
- Scope out venues for happy hours and mixers
- Get in touch with Agencies or Marketing Offices for our Kegs With Legs events
- Find speakers for seminar series or educational events
When you join the Communications Committee you become the voice of Ad 2 Austin. Don’t let that intimidate you, this means you have the freedom to get creative with writing copy for emails, social media posts, and blog posts. You digitally get people fired up about upcoming events and meetings.
- Stay on top of all news and upcoming meetings and events
- Create content for the Ad2ATX blog, eblast, and social media outlets
- Interact with members and find out how they heard about our events
- Act as liaison between Committees making sure all events, meetings are on track
Joining the Student Relations Committee will help you stay on top of the ever changing world of marketing and communications. You’ll work as the liaison between the student chapters throughout Austin such as University of Texas, Texas State, St. Edwards, and Art Institute, sharing knowledge and wisdom all throughout the land!
- Develop and execute an event that will inform and educate our members
- Develop relationships with student chapters to provide speakers from Ad 2 Austin
- Act as liaison between student chapters and Ad 2 events, meetings, and more
- Share internship opportunities with student chapters